I have a love/hate relationship with bananas. I love that they are a quick, easy nutritious food, and I hate that after 2 or 3 bites the texture makes me want to hurl. This isn't a pregnancy problem for me, by the way - it's all-seasonal. My desire for bananas precluding the hurling temptation brings me back to making my favorite fruit smoothies. All the banana flavor with none of the mushiness. This morning I made one with pineapple, bananas and orange juice. Perfectly refreshing. It would be even better if it wasn't 17 degrees outside. I'll just put on a sweater and pretend I'm in the tropics. Or the Middle East.These are my two favorite smoothies:
Pineapple Crush
1/2 c orange juice
1/2 c pineapple juice
1 c frozen pineapple chunks (I just use the canned pineapple packed in juice)
1/2 frozen very ripe banana
1/2 c vanilla yogurt (or ice cream...I won't tell)
handful of ice cubes
Pink Banana
1 c apple juice
1 c frozen strawberries
1 frozen very ripe banana
1/2 c vanilla yogurt
handful of ice cubes
On a side note, I bought these shoes last night to wear to my little brother's wedding in March. They are slippers with bling. I have to keep them away from Hope so she doesn't chew off the faux stones. She is intently interested in them.


5 comments:
those smoothies sound delish! we'll have to try them out. i'm with you on the banana-making-me-want-to-hurl bit also. they have to be the perfect ripeness (no spots, still a little green) for me to enjoy them.
i was going to tell you this before, but forgot all about it... jeremy made your blondies recipe from one of your older blog posts. i thought he was so cute with the laptop sitting on the counter open to your blog/recipe. they didn't cook all the way in the center (these things usually happen when he cooks so no worries, that was normal), but they were soooooo tasty. he made them with chocolate chips mmmmmm.... chocolate. and i have been salivating whenever i've thought about them these past several days. so kudos to you and your delicious recipe sharing.
I like bananas, but I seriously LOVE smoothies! I'll definitely have to try those recipes. :)
and cute shoes by the way... i'll be seeing those in person, come march!
Jennifer - I'm glad you enjoyed some of those blondies. they are dang good. Yay for Jeremy! Can't wait to go to Cali in March. I need some sun! Hope it's out while I'm there.
The slippers look like you could have brought them home from the Middle East:-) Smoothies are a summer fair for me too, good for you for doing the healthy thing!
Post a Comment