Friday, February 27, 2009

PR skilz

Our open house at church is tomorrow. We have decided to keep our plans with my brother and have a great day upstate. I was happy to contribute to our open house in another exciting way. I graduated from BYU with a bachelors in Public Relations. I've never written a "real" press release or radio PSA, but I got to do a little publicizing for the open house this weekend. I made a couple ads and got them placed in 2 papers, and I contacted some local radio stations and sent in some PSA information. It took a day and a half of phone calls and computer time, but it was good. Above is one of my "Meet the Mormon" ads (with address erased for internet privacy sakes. Is it too late for this?). It was fun to open the paper up and see it today!

2 comments:

Chieko said...

Good job! PR is a good degree to have. I learned something new today!

Kristie said...

Wow! I'm impressed! I know it's probably all planned out, but "Errand of the Lord" is an amazing documentary on the prophet. We would have movies playing in some class rooms for those interested. I hope it goes wonderfully! Good Luck!