Thursday, February 26, 2009

Recipe Book Giveaway

We love having the sister missionaries over once a week to share a meal and a message. (We do the meal , they do the message.) When they really like something I've made, I've been giving them the recipe. Every so often I get a compulsion to make a recipe book. The sisters got me inspired this time. I collected some of our favorite recipes, most of which the sisters have eaten with us, and put them together in this cute little book. Tonight we are celebrating one of the sister's birthdays, so I'll put the recipe books on their plates with some other festive decorations. My girls have been making cards and little presents like crazy.

I have a few extra books, so thought I'd do a blog giveaway! How exciting for all of us. ;) If you'd like a recipe book, leave a comment telling me what you would feed the missionaries if they were coming to dinner. I always need new ideas! I'll have Hope pick a name out of a hat. The first paper she tries to eat will be the lucky winner.

8 comments:

Debbie and Bobby said...

One of my favorites is crock-pot parmesean chicken--feeds a lot and is pretty easy. We just recently discovered a Hawaiian Chicken recipe we like too

THANKS for the gifts BTW! So thoughtful of you. You and your girls do such a good job of thinking of others :o)

mj said...

Cooking for other people is something I avoid at all costs because I still feel like I don't know how to cook... too many years as students living on ramen and macaroni I guess. ;)

I usually end up making lasagne for other people--not very exciting, but usually a pretty safe bet. But if the missionaries were coming over tonight I would probably order takeout for everyone! Thai sounds good.

Anonymous said...

I usually make chili and cornbread. I throw all the ingredients in the crockpot and forget about it. Plus the leftovers are always good.

Kristie said...

Tawny's enchildadas are a big winner, I make the tortillas, she makes the sauce and filling. They are so good!

Chieko said...

That is so cute! You have such a good taste in things.

jennifer said...

ooooh! giveaways! how fun!

we like to feed the missionaries fried rice with teryaki chicken. we've also done breakfast, chili and cornbread or pizza takeout!

The Mink Family said...

We always go get a rotisserie chicken from Ric's and then make homemade scalloped potatoes & home made rolls.....and then follow up with hot fudge brownie sundae's...yum!!
Have a great week!!

cate said...

Hi Kristin! I found you on listed on Kristie's blog. I don't know if you remember this, but all those years ago, when you were my visiting teacher you gave me a copy of your family's cookbook and I use those recipes all the time.
The elders here love rolls, so I usually make something that can have rolls on the side. (The best rolls ever are in the cookbook you gave me, although I've never mastered them.)
It's great to see pictures of your family. (You have another beautiful cookie cutter girl) And congrats on the soon-to-be newest member of the family.