
Today has been a day for over-achieving. I have solved problems, healed ailing digits, and I made a lemon meringue pie. A beautiful, beautiful, delicious pie. Recipe
here. I suggest omitting the zest unless you don't mind the little people in your lives squawking and picking at their pie. Very good, nonetheless.

Hope is our only thumb-sucker. Her poor little digit has become red and chapped and bumpy. It looks so painful, but she continues to suck, and it continues to worsen. I've been unsure of what to put on it, until today when Lanolin came to mind. She can suck on it, and it should heal the chappies, as any sore breast-feeding woman can attest. So I hope she is on the road to mending.

My spice cupboard has always driven me insane. I've never liked lazy susan's - too much spinning, not enough finding - and my current method of spice organization - as in not - was not working for me. I finally put my cooking spices in one basket and my baking spices in another. Then I labeled the tops of the spices, so I can just pull a basket down and glance to see what I need. No more shuffling around for lost spices. This makes me so happy. I can feel the stress lifting. Bring on dinner.
1 comment:
Good idea for your spices! Bill installed a three teared spice rack for me so I cann see them all lines up. I love it! It's probably saved me 18 1/4 hours in the kitchen:-)
Post a Comment