Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pretty Rooms

I am dreaming again today of what I'd like to do with our house. I love the color and pattern in this house, and it helps me to envision what it might look like for us, since our kitchen, dining room and family room are interconnected in a similar way. So, they have yellow walls in all three areas. The ceiling is painted a sky blue! Shocking! Would we dare? The curtains are cream-colored with black trim and a bold pattern in the dining room. Nice. I love the green and turquoise surprises throughout.

Here is the kitchen. They have a yellow tile backsplash, but I am in love with the green tile backplash in the photo below. Would it be too much, looking at that green from a yellow and black dining room? The other things I like in the kitchen are the crown molding above the cabinets and the roman blinds. I can see us doing this!

mmmm. green. pretty.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

i think you should do it all! the awesome green tile (i love the subway pattern), the yellow walls, blue ceiling and all the pops of color. that green tile would look so nice with the butter yellow walls. do it! do it!

Kristen said...

I would never think to put all those colors together, but they really work. I love the kitchen!