
After a lazy and leisurely Christmas Eve and Christmas, I put the men in my house to work on some house projects. The old faucet on my kitchen corner sink was a pain. It was low and didn't reach very far into the sink, so was hard to rinse pans and bigger dishes. We bought this new faucet a couple months ago, but waited for my dad and his expertise to come before installing. I love it!

This is the old faucet. Bluh. It was no easy thing getting underneath. It involved sawing cupboard walls and crazy undercounter body contortions by Jon to get the job done. The guys did such a great job on my faucet that I casually mentioned to my dad how I'd like to open up the kitchen to the dining room to make the whole space more open and flowey.

There is a heater vent in this wall, so we had to make sure the pipes didn't go upstairs from here. Once we found the upper part of the wall was clear of potential plumbing disasters, my dad enthusiastically took up the demolition challenge. On a whim.

Here is the wall taken down. This morning we are working on trim and a breakfast bar to go over the half wall. We are crossing our fingers we can get the hard work done before my dad has to leave this afternoon!
3 comments:
WOW you guys are amazing! What a fun new look!!
We need some enthusiastic renovators around here too :o) Looks great! Can't wait to see it in person sometime
That is awesome!!! I am glad to see you are putting Uncle Jim to work. It is looking so great!
Post a Comment