
Tuesday night was very stormy and snowy. Our Relief Society had a cookies and carolling evening planned, which was cancelled last year due to snow. I think they felt bad about having to cancel two years in a row, so they went ahead with the gathering. I have a sweet visiting teacher who offered to give me a ride (otherwise there is no way I would have ventured out), so we swept out to the country and had a lovely evening with a few other brave souls. One thing we talked about was Christmas traditions, and there were some great ideas. I have heard before of wrapping Christmas stories and opening one a day leading up the 25th, but never got around to the actual wrapping. This year I hadn't even unearthed my books - but this comment inspired me. I located my stack and added a couple more books that I found for 1/2 off at Salvation Army. I wrapped them in pretty gold paper and added a stamped tag to count down the rest of the days we have left till Christmas. This morning my girls were excited to begin a new tradition - anything to do with unwrapping before Christmas is favorably looked upon.

Another bonus to my week was getting my free snapfish book in the mail (thank you Oprah!)

It was so fun and easy to put together.

Scrapbooking has never been so easy or stunning. I'm converted, although I've heard shutterfly has a slightly better product. I can also upload my own designs, which is very cool.
6 comments:
I missed the Oprah giveaway, but I'm glad you got to make a book! It looks great!
I need more info on those photo books, I would love to do one with Bill's art! Stay warm and safe:-)
P.S. - To answer you're earlier question, I used latex craft paints for the window:-)
O.k. I too want to hear more about these photobooks from snapfish. Yours looks so great!
It's so easy guys - just upload your photos to shutterfly (or snapfish), choose the book you want to make, and start dragging your photos from your online album to the templates. The 8x8 albums are $29.99 for a 20-page book. That's $1.50 a page, the same as printing a page at Costco. (But of course, you're not having to also buy the album and page protectors to go with it! It's very cost effective.)They also have coupons from time to time, which makes it even more affordable. Right now additional books are half off, so you can make one for yourself and send another to a grandparent for cheap.
Try mypublisher.com They make great books too.
Super! I love the new tradition. So glad you made it to enrichment. There were two cars in the ditch across from our house late afternoon and I had no desire to make a third even though I wanted to be there.
Also excited you got your snapfish book. The few shots of it look fantastic! Now I can't remember if I mailed mine directly to my mom or to me. Hmmmm I hope it was to me so I can see it. But then I JUST mailed her package off today. Hmmm
Post a Comment