We made it! We feel as if it has taken us a lifetime to get here, and indeed it has. We are very happy with our new town, and are more excited than ever to find a home and get settled for real. We are currently living in university housing while we tour homes and get acquainted with our surroundings. Our 2-bedroom apartment is quite small. We brought a large carpet that we had in our front hallway in Abu Dhabi, and it almost fills our current living room. That gave us a little perspective as to how much our living space has changed. It's not necessarily a bad thing; in fact it's nice to have fewer things, and to live simply for awhile. I would say that it's easier to keep clean, but-uh-I don't think so.

The main reason for this is the playground in our courtyard. Our girls are loving the freedom of playing outside all day. A lot of sand is brought indoors, but it's worth it for all the enjoyment they get from the fresh air and big space. This is the view from one side of our apartment.

This is the view from the other side. Oh, yes. Every morning at 6:30 we are awakened by bulldozer beeping as it goes into reverse. The rest of the day there is a constant buzz and bang of activity. It's noisy - but mostly a constant noise, so Hope is able to take her naps without too much trouble.

After sleeping in the car for nearly a week straight, I guess she's getting less fussy about her whole dark, quiet, cave napping needs. I love when she wakes up in her carseat and has a fluffy mohawk thing going on. Look at all those teeth. I got bit several times today as I tried fishing french fry mush from the roof of her mouth. Bless her.

We took a little break this morning from moving-in activities and made some cookies. Madelyn wanted to make these cute flower cookies from an American Girl cookbook, made with candy bars, popsicle sticks and marshmallows (among other things).

Ours didn't look quite like the pictures in the book, but it was fun cutting up the marshmallows to make the flower petals.
5 comments:
How fun. I am so glad you guys made it safely. I am excited for you.
ONly you could pull together a cooking craft in the middle of moving in - you rule!
Mmmm, looks like yummy cookies. Have you started any house hunting yet?
Thanks, Aleisha!
Kristie - I only gave into cookie demands because of the guilt I feel for not giving any 1 on 1 time with my kids this summer. It has been so crazy. Plus we love cookies. :)
Debbie - we have been looking and looking at houses. We like a couple of them, but have a few more to see before making any decisions. Stress!
I forgot but was going to offer to watch your girls if you want to go through houses more than once without any distraction etc. You are welcome to give us a try. We will be in and out this next week but if we are around I would be happy to help! you can email me (littlesnack287@gmail.com)
Post a Comment