After a couple requests for more pictures of the house, here are some highlights. This is what will be the girls' bedroom. It has some interesting angles that could be fun to define with paint. One thing I love about this house is all the closets. There are 2 good-sized ones in this room. My plan is to actually keep all our clothes down in the basement where the washer and dryer reside. That will free up all kinds of space in the bedrooms (and I'm hoping all kinds of sanity for me doing laundry and not having to run piles of clothes up and down stairs all day) for play. I want to take off the closet doors in here and hang beads in the frames, making a couple little hide-a-ways with cushions and blankets. My kids play in the closets anyway, and this will make it something special.
Here is some inpsiration to show you where I'm going with that. I've thought about doing a half-door, too, that could double as a puppet theatre.
This is the screened-in back porch. Loving that. Enjoy the evening outside but not the mosquitos.
Here is part of our "That 70's Show" basement. It would be fun to have ping-pong/air hockey/foosball tables down here. There is also a gas fireplace to the left that you can't see in the photo.
This is the other half of the basement. The stove mostly works, but the sink is rusted through. We will probably rip this out and use this space as an indoor gym - rollerblading, toddler triking, 4-square?
This is the main floor family room. I love the arches in these rooms. I'm thinking of painting this room a warm yellow, and the connecting dining room a slightly darker shade yellow with some orange mixed in - hoping that would show off the arches a little. I've been reading about "conversational groupings" and thinking about how I'd like to arrange things in here. None of my furniture is pretty or matches, but I will still enjoy dreaming. :)
This is the view of my granny kitchen from the sliding glass backyard door. We want to knock down the wall that divides the kitchen from the dining room to make it nice and open. Take out the carpets (we think there are nice hardwood floors underneath) and paint the cabinets an off-white, maybe. Don't know what color I want the walls to be in here.
Last, but certainly not least is this little beauty of a room. My mud room. I love you, mud room. This was another major selling point for me to have this little room that we can enter from the garage, take off shoes and coats and boots and backpacks and have NOTHING cluttering my front door.I hope you enjoyed my little tour!


3 comments:
I really enjoyed the pictures. How fun. I love the ideas you have. You are so creative. No wonder your kids are amazing.
there's kind of a neat idea that was on a friend's blog that I might utilize in some of my closet poor rooms- http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ary1YtfR5X0/SKMWvgrcsjI/AAAAAAAABWw/mmFRKi8onKE/s1600-h/081308_branchhanger.jpg
isn't it so fun when you now know what you have to work with and start picturing where your going to put what and the colors you want to do? I love it!
Post a Comment