
We had a really nice 4th of July. The girls and I started out the morning with a last minute run to Target for holiday t-shirts. We all know how they love the sparkle. That afternoon the Rowleys hosted a BBQ bash in their backyard. Great hamburgers, sweet watermelon, giant Costco cupcakes, and all my favorite salads: Broccoli Sunshine, Asian Ramen Noodle, Marshmallow Frog Eye, and my mom's Potato (the perfect ratio of eggs and potato to pickle and onion - my dad and I kept sneaking forkfuls before the party. She was lucky to have any left.)

Here is Jason and Chelsea looking cute and festive. Jason was holding Hope for awhile. She matched them perfectly. They are so fun with all our girls. After fireworks, Jon and I were exhausted and flopped on the couches, wondering where our girls were and working up the energy to put them to bed. We finally got up and found them in the dark, in Jason's room, with Chelsea, watching Labryinth on the computer together. They were not happy when we broke up the party.

Hope and I waiting our turn for massive salad consumption.

Hope loving being tossed in the air.

Jon got some cool photos of the sparkler play. He just slowed down the shutter speed to catch the movement of the spark. Here is Madelyn making an "M".

Here we have Madelyn twirling her sparkler while Emma is running away.

Jason with his sparkler.

The grand finale. We bought our fireworks at a little stand on the way home from the Rowleys. We were surprised to know the guy in charge - Mr. Schelsinger, Hoover's old band director. He claimed to remember me when I was a flag girl 20 years ago, but I don't believe him! He just wanted us to buy more fireworks. We bought a lot of little ones - smoke bombs and blooming flowers - but Jason splurged on a $14 beauty for our grand finale.
1 comment:
I love the sparkler pics. How fun.
Post a Comment