Saturday, June 27, 2009

Lemonade Ladies

Garage sale season is in full swing. Yesterday when we saw our neighbors setting up their own sale, we decided to take advantage of the extra traffic on our street to set up a lemonade stand. I thought, with nostalgia, of mixing up the lemonade from scratch, setting up the cups with ice and carefully pouring each individual cup as customers approached...and then I bought a bunch of boxes of CapriSuns as I envisioned dirty fingers dipping into cups, grass and dirt blown into the merchandise, bumped tables and sticky dripping beverages everywhere. I think it was a good call. The girls were outside for about 8 hours yesterday, and today will probably do the same. After making back their original investment they've made a profit of about $10 so far...split 3 ways. Even though the profits are not the stuff dreams are made of, they are still enjoying the thrill of the sale, and the novelty of being in business - which includes all the CapriSuns and doughnuts they can eat. They've also sold a few odds and ends from around the house, including my dyed curtain disasters, which makes me very happy.

No comments: