The green furniture from Ikea was not doing it for me. I started feeling just a little icky about it, and put together a new plan. I am still loving the yellow for the dining and living rooms. I actually bought curtains and roman shades, and am anxiously waiting to see how they look in real life. They should get here sometime this week. I think we are going to paint our entry way and stairwell Wedgewood Gray. It is a little tealish - with some gray mixed in to keep it mellow. I'm hoping the aqua mint roman shades will match from afar. I made the mock room above on the Benjamin Moore website. You can see how the yellow and blue will look together, and imagine my gold stripey curtains in there too. I want to get some neutral tan or maybe chocolate brown couches. I mean, everything goes with chocolate, right?
Here is my mock dining room, looking into the green color I am thinking of putting on my accent wall in the kitchen. I'll paint my cupboards a creamy white color (so much easier said than done). I bought these black toile curtains online to dress the 2 windows in the dining room. I am crossing my fingers that my haphazard decorating skills will all work out in the end!This is our first time painting walls and cabinets. Any helpful suggestions?


2 comments:
I vote for the Chocolate brown... but I'm all about brown these days
painting walls is easy enough - it's the edging that takes the longest. we have a good caulk and painter's tape technique i'd love to share with you. maybe i can record us doing the technique and then post it somewhere.
as far as the cabinets... i read one time in the fresno bee in the handyman section about painting cabinets. he said simply to not put too many coats of paint on the cabinets because it will chip off and look awful later on. ONE coat of primer and ONE to 2 coats of paint. no more. we sprayed ours the one time we did it and it gave them such a nice smooth finish.
Post a Comment