With the rain has come the worms. My girls are touching the worms. They are holding the worms. They are naming the worms. They are fighting over the worms. The worms are their friends.
Eeew....I used to do the same thing when I was little, though.
Although I got over it after I collected probably a hundred or more on an especially rainy day and piled them all in a bucket. After finishing my "collection" I stared into the bucket which was now one writhing, slimy, gooey mess and almost threw-up. I poured them all out in the dirt and went back inside---I never did that again. I learned early on, luckily.
Have fun with the young-ins. They're beautiful kids!
I remember my boys used to love going to the golf course after a good rain. On the short grass on the greens you can see all the worms, hundreds of worms. They would get several cups of worms to play with...and yes it is definetely a plus that they are not eating the worms.
Sweet Farewell
-
This has been a difficult, yet wonderful week full of changes. I am very
sad to report that I have been released as primary chorister. I love this
calling,...
4 comments:
Let's just be glad they aren't EATING the worms:-)
Actually, Hope came real close to eating one. Snatched back just in the nick of time. :P
Eeew....I used to do the same thing when I was little, though.
Although I got over it after I collected probably a hundred or more on an especially rainy day and piled them all in a bucket. After finishing my "collection" I stared into the bucket which was now one writhing, slimy, gooey mess and almost threw-up. I poured them all out in the dirt and went back inside---I never did that again. I learned early on, luckily.
Have fun with the young-ins. They're beautiful kids!
Nancy :-)
I remember my boys used to love going to the golf course after a good rain. On the short grass on the greens you can see all the worms, hundreds of worms. They would get several cups of worms to play with...and yes it is definetely a plus that they are not eating the worms.
Post a Comment