Our first coat day. This morning as we left for school it was a crisp and cool 43 degrees outside. In Abu Dhabi it is 104. We find ourselves constantly comparing our very different life here in Michigan to that we had in the Middle East. Most of the changes are for the good, but I can't help miss a few things; year-round flip-flops, the proximity to the sea, camels by the highway, and perhaps most significantly - being nearby my parents who are still in Dubai. They have recently moved into new living arrangements, and I would love to see where they are now. It was something special to visit with them frequently while we were all so far away from the US.I can say this, though - I do not miss living in a high rise apartment building. We love being able to step outside and enjoy our yard at any time. Jon is so happy to have a bike, and Madelyn loves to scooter around our driveway and on walks through the nighborhood. I get a little thrill every time I take children or groceries from the house to the van in our attached garage. In 10 steps I have everything inside! No more hauling things from a parking lot to a lobby to an elevator to our door and back down again.
Our blessings are many, and our appreciation of all that we have now is intensified because of our past experiences.


3 comments:
I love that picture of Hope! I am so glad you guys are enjoying your new home. You deserve it.
What a little cutie Hope is! Are you guys going this weekend to the temple? We will be there. My parents live 30 minutes from the temple so we are going to stay over night Friday so the drive isn't as long in the morning. We will be taking turns with the sessions since I need to help with Primary the first half. makes for a long day but it is fun for the kids to be able to be there too. Some people swap watching kids so that you can go with your spouse too. Anyway, hope to see you there!
Debbie, we had planned on going, but never got our recommends "updated." We have current ones, as far as the date goes, but they don't have the new bar codes on them - so - we are going to have to wait until the next time! Hope you have a great trip.
Post a Comment