Friday, September 5, 2008

Great School Days

Emma is back in her element - loving school and having a great time in the classroom. She is one of the older kids in her class, and her teacher says she will be a great help. Emma already instructed the other kids in the "science" of making a tire swing go. Her first day was a rainy one. She enjoys using an umbrella!


Cailin is excited to be on the "safety patrol". The elementary school only goes up to grade 4. Cailin, as one of the mature 4th grade graders, has been given the responsibilty to watch the younger kids and make sure they are safe crossing streets, getting on and off buses, and entering the playground from the cafetieria.

When Cailin first introduced herelf to her teacher, she did so by saying, "I like to draw, and my favorite band is the Aquabats, and I like to draw pictures of the Aquabats." As we have been unearthing long lost treasures from our stored boxes, Jon discoverd this Aquabats patch and sewed it himself onto Cailin's backpack as a surprise. You can imagine the delight.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Okay, so I'm a little behind in my blog reading and have just read about 15 entries at once. So here's my comments: The house is beautiful! Congratulations! The girls look great, glad they're back to school and enjoying it. Is Emma in school yet? Don't remember how old she is but was thinking she'd be in kindergarten this year. By the way, do you play with the colors on your photos? They really POP! I love that. Maybe you're just a great photographer. Either way, they look great.

Kristin said...

Hi H! Thanks, and yes, Emma is in kindergarten this year. She did KG2 in AD, but we decided to let her "revisit" and give her another year before starting 1st grade. She turned 6 in August.

I edit all my photos in photoshop 00to help the colors pop - I use actions from Maggie Holmes and www.thepeioneerwoman,com (those are free!) to help me out with that. There are lots of great photoshop actions out there that you download from the internet, but I recommend playing with the pioneer woman's first to see what you like.