Friday, January 30, 2009

Book Lover

Hope loves books. As long as the story moves along at a rapid pace, she will sit and cuddle for as long as I can take the reading. (Baby Beluga, for example, starts killing me by the 4th or 5th sing-read)

Sandra Boynton's board books are perfect. The illustrations are cute, the one-liner pages leave no lulls for boredom, and they are funny!

I also picked up this book at the thrift store last week, and I love it's rhythm and pace: Hand Hand Fingers Thumb, One thumb One thumb Drumming on a drum...

Hope's favorite, I think, is this "Wheels on the Bus" book by Paul Zelinsky. The moving parts, like the bus driver's arm, the windshield wipers, and cutest of all -

the babies' crying mouths and mom's shushing fingers are fabulous. Hope never wants to put this one down, and usually has a little tantrum when I decide we've had enough.

OK - reading time is over. Nap time is here! Yay for nap time!

3 comments:

mj said...

I love Hand Hand Fingers Thumb--we have an old, beat-up copy from when I was little. :)

Debbie and Bobby said...

what a little cutie!

Cassavaugh Family said...

I love Sandra Boynton. Moo Baa La La La is my very favorite with Hey Wake up as a close second. They are all great!