Thursday, October 2, 2008

Boilers and Bread

We have a boiler in our house. It looks a little iffy to me, the way it's all taped together. Today we turned it on for the first time. The tape must be doing its job, because the chill has been lifted. I'm feeling cozy indoors, and expressed my condolences to Jon as he hopped on his bike and got ready to push through the chilly drizzle on his way to work.

The cool morning also put me in the mood for a little baking. I love my Abu Dhabi Ward Cookbook. I am smelling Holly's Banana Bread bake this very moment. I made Laura's Orange Salad and Sylvie's Quiche Lorraine a couple days ago. I make Paula's Potato Chowder nearly every week. There are so many great recipes here, and I love thinking of my Abu Dhabi friends as I create something they have loved as well. And I'm thinking of their 100-degree weather.

6 comments:

jennifer said...

that is the darn prettiest cook book i've ever seen! did someone use an online company to produce those?

Kristin said...

Actually, a talented friend in the ward helped me design the cover. I did everything in InDesign, then got them printed and bound at Kinkos. It was a huge project, but so rewarding. Thank you for the compliment!

Manama mama said...

You know, I was just reading through that cookbook for fun the other night (after I made Sis Dahl's yummy chicken), and thinking how glad I was that you took the time to make it! Not only is it a great collection of recipes, but it's such a great way to remember everyone! So thank you!!! --I hope you liked the salad too :)

Kristin said...

Of course, you're very welcome! I loved the Orange Salad. Citrusy dressing is my favorite. :)

Jay said...

Those recipes sounds so yummy and cozy on a cool day. We're still running our A/c here hoping the coolness will come.

Holly said...

I must say that is one of my favorite cookbooks as well. I love it.