We went to our first big football game today. Things started out great. The kids were enthusiastic. The crowds, the crisp fall air, the ROTC touchdown cannon, the band, the cheerleaders, the nachos, the cotton candy, and sometimes even the game thrilled them. The half time show was a hoot to boot - the band put their instruments down and danced to Thriller on the field. It was awesome!Right about that time, things started unravelling. Emma was hungry. Cailin got hurt. Hope needed a nap. So although I would've been content to stay for the whole game, and help my girls track the ball around the field (which is quite surprising - I'm not a sports fan, but I was enjoying myself today!), we decided to call it quits early and go home. I took the 3 sad girls home and Jon and Madelyn stayed till the end. And then they got to walk home. We won, by the way. Yah!


3 comments:
cool!
I think it's pretty impressive that you made it all the way to half-time, with kids along! Sometimes we don't make it out of the car before there's a meltdown!
What a fun time for the first half! We haven't tried a football game yet, but I've been inspired by you. Maybe we'll try it.
Post a Comment