We have some wonderful sister missionaries in our ward. Every Tuesday afternoon we have been enjoying their company at dinner. My girls love it when they come for several reasons.1. We eat at the dining room table, with a pretty table cloth, pretty dishes and glasses.
2. I usually make a dessert. Tonight it was a skookie. Last week it was a dish of tootsie rolls.
3. The sisters always share a wonderful lesson with us.
Emma always comes and whispers to me as we are finishing up our meal, "Are they going to give us a lesson?" And then I ask, "Are you going to give us a lesson?" And they respond cheerfully, "Of course!" One week they did a giant puzzle with us and explained how the restored gospel is like a puzzle with all the pieces put together. Another week they showed us how to make candy wrapper chains (those fore-mentioned tootsie rolls really came in handy), and related the linked papers to our families linked eternally through temple covenants.
Tonight they asked for a fashion designer and a model to demonstrate the putting on of the armor of God. They were very impressed with the helmet Madelyn made. Cailin was surprised at how hot her feet got with them "shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace". The sisters reminded us to put our armor on each day by reading our scriptures, praying and living the gospel. It was another fun lesson. They are great examples to our girls, and we love having them over.


1 comment:
Wow! What amazing missionaries! I must admit I'm a little jealous that you have sister missionaries. We love our Elders, but I would really love having sisters in our area!
Post a Comment