
October has gone by so fast. Tonight was our Ward Fall Festival Chili & Cornbread Cookoff. Just moments before it was time to get my chili and cornbread into the van, my girls were running up to me with their unfinished costume needs. It was lucky for Madelyn the previous owners of our house left a bunch of long shoelaces in a closet. Her pants stayed up nicely with one used as a new drawstring. Emma was a cheerleader. We rummaged through my boxes and found a nice pink ribbon for her hair. Cailin the cat had to be content with brown whiskers - since that is the only color eyeliner I use. It was good to have a test run tonight, since the girls are wearing their costumes to school tomorrow. It should go off without a hitch.

I decided at the last minute to be Mother Nature, or Fall, with leaves taped all over my fancy Abu Dhabi outfit. Hope is a poodle named, "Fifi". She has just started to crawl up on her hands and knees from time to time, and she looked like the cutest wind-up toy in her costume. Jon was an excellent mad scientist - we missed getting his photo. And, hey - my cornbread won first place in the cookoff!
2 comments:
You guys look terrific, and I don't even need to see a pic of John, I can picture it very clearly in my mind! Good job on the cornbread - are you going to share the recipe?
ummmm... It's actually kind of embarrassing, because it's not much of a recipe. I just mixed 1 box Jiffy white cake mix according to pkg directions, then mixed 2 boxes Jiffy cornbread (according to pkg directions) in a separate bowl. Fold cake batter into cornbread batter and bake in a greased 9 x 13" pan.
Post a Comment