Friday, October 3, 2008

Window Painting

My mom used to paint our windows at Christmas time. I remember lambs, shepherds and stars adorning our windows for many years. It was a special tradition for us, and I wanted to introduce my girls to the "art" of window painting for Halloween.

Cailin loves drawing in the Japanese anime style, so I found a cute picture of an anime girl and her faithful pumpkin sidekick. I printed it out and enlarged it with my beloved art projector. (Another treasure found in our storage items.) The girls were so excited to paint. The unveiling of the final masterpiece (removal of newspaper tracing) was fun. I'm sure we will be doing lots more window painting for the holidays. I just need to find some better quality paints - we were having trouble with opacity.

7 comments:

Kristie said...

when you find good paints please share! Those girls could go pro!

marti said...

So fun! What a neat tradition.

Debbie and Bobby said...

Oh you found some paint! Where did you go? What a fun idea and you have such a great window for it. Enjoyed our walk the other day....(I had another one of those shop when I'm hungry days today, oops!)

Kristin said...

I got the liquid tempera at Meijers, but some of the colors were just way too thin for window painting. I'm going to do some research and order something different online. The walk was great - and our lawn looks great, too since we used your mower today! Thanks again. :)

Jeremy said...

art projector??? where do i get me one of those?

cute window paintings too. i only glanced at the picture and assumed YOU had painted them. wow. your daughters are a talented bunch.

jennifer said...

ummm.... that was me, jennifer, not jeremy. woops.

Kristin said...

Here's a projector like mine on ebay. http://shop.ebay.com/items/artograph%20super%20ag100?_dmd=1&_sop=12

Mine has come in handy for lots of things. It's fun.