
I've mentioned Photoshop actions before, which are just a series of photo-editing steps saved as a single-click action. They save time when you like to do certain things every time with your photos. There are lots of free action downloads on the internet, but the ones I used above were bought here from Maggie Holmes, a photographer and scrapbooker. I also used the "edge burn" action from The Pioneer Woman. The actions on her website are free, and also very wonderful.I took these photos to showcase 2 things:
1. We loved this pretty, felt-lined trunk. We filled it with lots of colorful shawls and boxes that were used for dress up, particularly around Christmas time for nativities. It looks like a treasure chest, but Henry started calling it "Treasure Planet", after the Disney cartoon. The name stuck, and we still call it Treasure Planet. Lots of good feelings associated with this trunk.
2. One of Jon's students gave Hope this traditional Emerati dress when she was born. It is a fun keepsake, and one that I want to remember Hope wearing while still in the land of her birth!
So my question is, which photo do you like better; a simple color pop, a slight vintage look, or a more yellow vintage? At first I liked seeing the bright green of the dress, but then the yellow vintage appeals to me because it has an old Arabian feel to it.


1 comment:
I like the yellow vintage. Great photo.
Post a Comment