When we first moved to Abu Dhabi we were not impressed with the food. Everything tasted a little strange; just not what we were used to. Something has happened. Everything that once was so-so has become increasingly more delicious to us. Point in case - Caesars is within walking distance from where we live. They make cakes, rolls, breads stuffed with meat, cheese and other mysterious substances we are not brave enough to try. Our neighbors have often invited us over to enjoy their company and some of Caesars' confections. At our last get together they had the famous Caesar's "cheese buns". After I tried one cheese bun, then another, I realized I had just consumed a new favorite obsession. Today I began dreaming of cheese buns in the morning. Dreaming turned to salivating. By 2 p.m. I was ready to get me some buns! Warm, soft, and buttery; filled with creamy white cheese, sprinkled with sesame seeds on top...
My cravings were not to be fulfilled. I was thwarted once again by the dastardly afternoon siesta! Caesar's was closed from 2 - 4. Criminy. I'd have to come back later. I'm taking a picture of the hours of operation to show you. The guy behind me was riveted by my behavior. It was really hot outside.


No comments:
Post a Comment