This is Cailin's diorama portrayal of Gulf Pearl Diving. I love the clay people she made - the diver, and the 2 guys in the boat. The painted sea shells and pipe cleaner sea coral make this a classic project. :)
Madelyn's project on the Central African Republic was a lot of fun for her. I love projects like these where they learn all kinds of interesting things, then share their own personal spin on what they think about it. A couple examples from this poster she made:"The CAR celebrates Christmas, Easter, and all the other holidays we celebrate. However, there are a few they celebrate that we don't. When someone says, 'Mother's Day', you probably think, 'Oh, that's the day I go out, buy my mom something special, and try to be nice to her.' Well, in CAR, I can imagine the men are not quite happy when Mother's Day comes to town. On Mothers Day, since the men are usually out playing sports while the mother does the chores, the men must stay at home and do the chores while the mother can go out side and play sports or dance with other women."
"Some snacks they eat are... Kanda - which is meat, fish, fruit or termites wrapped in a steamed leaf. Termites - Yuck!!"
I also really like what she learned about the flag symbolism and unique customs, because I learned a few things, too! Fun stuff.


2 comments:
Loved the video! She's so adorable. By the way, we need to set up a time to meet at Cedar Point... how is the end of July for you guys?
Hi Kristie. I don't think July will work for us - we will just be getting to Michigan that week. We will probably have to wait and make plans with you once we get settled. Right now everything is feeling a little hectic!
Post a Comment