
We enjoyed another Rachel Ray recipe yesterday - this time going for the
Cheesy Rice Fritters. They were delicious. Not the healthiest thing on the menu, but we ate spinach with it - that has to count for something, right? I was scared of the wilted spinach at first, didn't like the texture or taste much, until I ate it with a bite of fritters - and that was a whole different story. Nice accompaniment. I also like that I can make these ahead of time and freeze for a quick meal or side later. Yum.

Next on the cooking front, crock pot liners are the coolest thing to come to the kitchen in a long time. I love them!

I love the feeling of having dinner ready by noon, kitchen clean, and now the only mess to clean up is the dishes we eat off of. That liner will save me a bunch of scrubbing at my "vintage" crock pot. Love.

Other stuff: Madelyn's grandma gave her a pretty potted plant for her birthday. The tub it came in was not the prettiest, so I stuck it in my yellow soup tureen, and now it is so gorgeous on my kitchen table.

Hope taking a dance break with the frog she stole from Amelia. This girl is a dancing fool.

Emma experienced a minor tragedy yesterday when she stuck her favorite mini Polly Pocket into the trunk lock for her Barbie car, trying to use it as a key. Polly's bottom part got lodged in the key hole, and her top part broke off. Emma, mourning the loss of her Polly's legs, found a key ring that fit through a hole in her waist, to make a wheelchair for her. Nicely done!
3 comments:
What did you make in the crockpot?
I *almost* bought those crockpot liners on my last grocery shopping trip but then I convinced myself that I was just being lazy. I'm sure I will change my mind in 3 months after the baby comes,lol!
p.s. I completely agree that having dinner ready in the early afternoon feels fabulous! I've been doing my prepping once Maddie goes down for a nap and it is nice that i have minimal prep to do once the kids get home
Post a Comment