Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm Cooking with Rachel Ray

images from Rachel Ray Mag

I got a couple issues of Cooking with Rachel Ray, and decided to try a few recipes. Our first experiment was dinner last night - "Thanksgiving Any Day: Turkey Meatloaf Burgers". The things that really intrigued me were the english muffin "buns" and the cranberry sour cream sauce - both of which I loved after trying. The turkey burger was a little strange at first, but by the time I had finished it, I was happy. And my warmed-up leftovers for lunch today were delicious. My food-cautious family were not so gung-ho about the whole thing - but it's good for them to try new things once in awhile!

The other sandwich pictured above is RR's new favorite - "Inside-Out English Muffin Grilled Cheese". She just butters the english muffins, lays the cheese, tomato, bacon, spinach (or whatever you want) on the unbuttered sides, adds little salt and pepper, another cheese slice, and cooks in a skillet until cheese is melted and the buttery muffins are golden brown. So simple, but sounds yum. I'm trying this soon, too.

Anyway - here is the turkey burger recipe if you're in the mood to try something new!

No comments: