
Per request, here is a shot of our photo wall. There are 3 rows of 8x10 frames and 1 row of 5x7's. Most of the pictures are black and white, and I chose a few in color that have lots of turqouise or gold in them. I love that I can switch photos in and out as I please, and that there are many many memories to sit and gaze at.

These are the curtains I just put in the dining room. I decided I liked the blue toile better in my kitchen, so adjusted these gold ones for the dining area. They were too short, so I added the gold silk skirt at the bottom. I still have a little fine-tuning to do on them, but I'm happy with the change.

Here is our new kitchen again, with a few pops of red I was looking for. I tried the little red pom pom fringe with my toile valance, but Madelyn said it made her feel like she was at a Mexican fiesta searching for a sombrero. That wasn't the look I was going for, so I ripped that seam and just kept it simple.

I spray painted the R at the window and the mug hook hanging on the wall. The framed photo is hiding some ugly cords and a baby monitor. I am still on the look-out for some other pops of color. One of these days maybe I'll get a cherry red Kitchen-Aid! That would do the trick. :)
8 comments:
I love how your kitchen turned out! Everything looks great :)
It's even better in person!!! :)
I love the "R" Did you make the kitchen curtains? I'm still searching for the right ones in my kitchen.
Beautiful!
LOVE IT! I want to know the secret to hanging so many frames and getting it perfect! Really! I had plans for a wall like this and put up a shelf instead because it seemed a hanging nightmare.
WOW!!! I LOVE IT! Man, you have good taste. I could not vision this from what it was! BEAUTIFUL!! All of them. Good job!
Thanks for the picture wall. You just know how to envision something and then make it happen. It's such a talent! Beautiful kitchen.
The secret to hanging a perfect grid of photos is years of art school and being forced to hang exhibitions.
Post a Comment