
The girls got their flu shots yesterday. Emma was asked to do a journal entry about what she did over the flu-holiday. This is her completed assignment. The guy in black is Jon, who is holding and comforting Emma, while the nurse happily waves a needle around. Thank goodness Jon was able to race over to the doctor's office after work. We didn't think he was going to make it, and it would have been a much more traumatic experience without him there. I was more freaked out than the girls when we arrived, when I saw the crowds of sick people in masks waiting to see a doctor. The waiting room was full, and several families sat out in the hallways. We all hand sanitized several times.

As a treat we went to Wendy's afterwards for dinner and frostys. I got a couple of their Halloween coupon books and we love getting all those jr. frostys practically for free. I love how Hope says "I cree" for ice crream.

Tonight is our ward Halloween party which includes the annual chili and cornbread cook-off. I actually thought ahead last night and got the dried beans soaked. The girls all sniffed the air this morning wondering what smelled good. They were surprised when I told them it was boiling pinto beans. I also had to get out my mill to grind some popcorn into cornmeal for the cornbread. I had run out, and was excited to try and make my own. There was a tense moment when I realized I had the fine flour piece snapped on, and the popcorn was getting jammed. I was sweating it when I couldn't figure out how to get it off. I finally called Vitamill's customer service and asked for help. Their solution? "Jam a dull butter knife between the piece and the side of the mill and pry it off". It worked, but it was pretty clumsy and I'm curious if everyone has to call for the dull butter knife solution when they want to make regular flour.

Another solution I'm happy about: using an olive oil bottle to dispense dish soap. So much prettier on my countertop, and my girls are much more frugal with their soap usage. No more out of control bubbles roiling out of the sink during kid dish wash time.
1 comment:
Thanks for the solution on the mill. I didn't realize that the piece to make finer flour actually snaps on! I was panic too! But I gave up and it has been there ever since. My corn meal was more like corn flour....I'll try the dull butter knife method next time. BTW, your treat was yummy!! Thanks for coming and participating to the contest!!
Post a Comment