
Fall is going way too quickly. We love seeing all the bright leaves, and are already mourning their loss since the rain we had last week brought lots of the beauty down to the ground. Madelyn says the yellow of these trees are her favorite of all the autumn colors.

The Ward Halloween party was lots of fun. We love seeing what everyone comes as. Here I am doing the fairy godmother thing. I didn't get pictures of everyone, but you can imagine Jon as a "bike messenger" - with bike helmet and riding glasses, bag and rolled up pant leg. Cailin was Princess Peach (from Mario and Luigi fame). Madelyn was one of 5 Hermiones, (although I think one was actually Ginny Weasley).

Hope the cute little bug.

Emma the spooky witch - who is feeling under the weather today. After all my smugness thinking the worst of the flu was behind us - poor Emma came down with something nasty yesterday. She stayed home from church today along with Hope who awoke with a fever. I'm praying it won't get us all. Jon and I split church - he went to Sacrament Meeting so he could count heads as part of his clerk calling, then came home to relieve me so I could attend primary and serve in my new calling as... wait for it... Primary Chorister! I'm back in the primary (happily so), and enjoyed singing with the kids today. Amelia stayed home with Jon, too. It was the first time I'd left her during a feeding time, so she got her first taste of formula in a bottle. She sucked it down!

I tried a new "recipe" the other day for Candy Corn Bark. It's just pretzels, Oreos and candy corn...

covered with Almond Bark, more candy corn and sprinkles. It was tasty - but if I try something like this in the future I think I'll just dip big pretzel rods in the bark, then stick on a few candy corns and sprinkles. Because the best part is the salty crunchy pretzels with the sweet and smooth Almond Bark. The candy corn are a fun bonus.
3 comments:
the leaves on that tree are amazing! we are still longing for fall weather over here. the trees are all still green green green!
you costumes were cute and recipe looked delicious.
i mostly just wanted to comment on your new calling... congrats! that is the best calling ever! i was primary chorister for almost 5 years in this ward and hope to get to do it again. singing with those impressionable kids is so rewarding. i hope you love it as much as i did/do!
Do you think she got sick from the flu shot? Rachel got sick the very next day after her flu shot.
YEAH YOU WILL BE FABULOUS IN PRIMARY :O)
Post a Comment