Wednesday, October 21, 2009

All the kids are home from school today. We were all a little shocked when everyone came home yesterday with notes explaining the district-wide school closings (until Monday!!) due to a flu outbreak. Cailin said she was told 52% of the high school kids were out sick. I'm pretty sure the same virus already passed through our house a couple weeks ago. Im not sure what we'll do the next few days. The forecast is for rain, rain, rain so we'll all be inside. We haven't done much fall decorating, so maybe I'll have them make some sucker ghosts. I'm also loving these spiders and ghosts made by this photographer's family:



cute.

In the meantime, Hope has been busy as usual. Here she is coloring. Then tearing. Then chomping. It's a three course meal. Four - if you include dessert - which is when she eats the crayon.

Madelyn and Cailin are busy organizing their closet. It's like their little clubhouse.

I found this book at the thrift store yesterday. I love it and remember it well from when I was in elementary school. I love sharing it with my girls now.

Finally - a bit of fall decor inspiration. I love this pumpkin arrangement. It inspired me to find something around the house to make my own little spot.

I like our little Ikea chair and gourds, but you can be sure I'll be on the lookout for teal stools, so I can imitate the former setup for next year!

No comments: