Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Amelia's home

Day 2 with our little Amelia has been a busy one. We came home yesterday from the hospital, but had to return this morning for another pediatric check-up. She was officially released with a clean bill of health, just a little bit of yellow showing up on her nose, so we spent a few minutes outside to try and keep jaundice at bay.

And to take advantage of a the warm, pretty day for some photo ops. I surprised myself by being able to creep around on the grass and lay on my tummy to take pictures. I'm feeling pretty good, and hope recovery will be fast.

See Amelia's little dimple on her right cheek? It reminds me of her cousin, Jack, and his cutey-pie dimps.

Jack and Shawn and Marti drove from Ann Arbor to visit us in the hospital. He was one busy little guy - mopping the floors clean with his all-natural cleaning supplies - drool and his tummy.

The girls loved seeing their new sister, but were just as excited to get a little Disney-channel in.

Hope says, "baby!baby!baby!cuuue." (cute) She loves holding baby, but gets very concerned whenever she cries.

Emma drew a new family portrait this morning, including Grandma, who is here for another month to help out!

Finally, here we have the girls this morning as they left for their first day of school. 

So excited to be back with friends and new teachers!

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Good job Kristen, crawling around like a stealth marine and getting all those adorable pictures, and only 2 days after giving birth? You amaze me!

Chieko said...

What a beautiful family! Congratulations!! I can't believe you posting this only a few days after you gave her birth. I love the pics!!!

Jay said...

Amelia is beautiful!! I'm so excited for your sweet little family. CONGRATS!!

kwikmom said...

Kristen and Family - what a wonderful family you have - Amelia is beautiful - I know you enjoy having your mom there to help. She is lucky to be able to be a part of your family