Sunday, August 9, 2009

Our Sunday

This morning started out rough, with the house feeling very hot and muggy as we tried to get ready for church. It made me very grateful for the cool summer we have otherwise been enjoying. Things improved as the day went along. I helped out in Primary today doing singing time. Madelyn suggested we build a hamburger to help choose the songs to sing. It turned out so cute, and it was only slightly humiliating to try and direct using a spatula. I really only did that once, then let the kids have a try. During Primary the girls were given an assignment to write a one-minute talk for the upcoming Sacrament Meeting Presentation. I was very pleased when they came home and wrote excellent talks, without any prompting or pushing from me.

Yesterday we made my sister's Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. It is awesome because they turn out beautiful and delicious, and it makes a ton, so there is plenty of dough left in the fridge to nibble on or to bake later.

I blinked and Hope snagged one of my still life subjects. She is so fast.

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 lb margarine
2 c brown sugar
1 1/2 c granulated sugar
2 TBSP vanilla
3 eggs
6 c flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
4 c chocolate chips

Bake at 350 degrees for 11-12 minutes.

I found these little bags at the dollar store for the girls to carry our baby announcement treats in. We attached the flowers ourselves this afternoon, and now all there is to do is to wait for a baby!

3 comments:

Aleisha said...

I love the hamburger idea!! Cute!

Debbie and Bobby said...

Your girls are so responsible and helpful!

Cassavaugh Family said...

I'm super slow to catch up on blogs and simply say THANK YOU! I heard the kids really sang well and I really appreciate your help that day. What a cute idea. We did an ice cream cone a while back and it didn't go over as well. Now had I stood there leading with an ice cream scoop ... that would have gotten their attention! You are great.