Here is our new kitchen ceiling with light fixtures attached. The light is so much better than with the old flourescents. Softer yet brighter, and right where I need it. We still have a pretty good bump across one part of the ceiling where the drywall was uneven, but we are going to fix up the walls and wait a bit before we try and do anything else with the ceiling. Maybe it will be less noticeable once we have other pretty things going on.
I now have a small dilemma - When we tried to remove the wallpaper that had several coats of paint on top, it damaged the drywall pretty badly. We want to just cover all the wall space now with beadboard paneling. You can see there is not a whole lot of wall space to cover. It is mostly windows and cupboards. I plan on painting the bottom cupboards black - so the black appliances blend. The top cupboards will be a creamy white. Questions:1. Should I paint all the beadboard and trim the same color as the top cupboards?
2. Should I put the vertical blinds back up over the sliding glass door, or do white or maybe pale pale blue curtains?
3. Should I remove the decorative molding that is above the kitchen sink? It might be pretty painted white. Or not.


2 comments:
I want to put beadboard in one of our bathrooms--the walls are in bad shape, and I think beadboard would look nice in there. We're replacing a few windows, and then we're going to need to decide what to do for them also--blinds or curtains, or both...? I'm indecisive.
I'm not sure about your questions, but for #1, I think painting the beadboard the same as the top cupboards would look nice. I like the photo gallery at Nantucket Beadboard, maybe it will help(?):
http://www.beadboard.com/gallery/Kitchen.html
my opinions may be a little late, but here they are anyway...
1. yes, paint the beadboard the same as your upper cupboards.
2. drapes are always so much more aesthetically pleasing than those functional vertical blinds. drapes are the perfect fashion + function combo.
3. if it were my house i would remove the trim above the sink and instead put in a chic fabric custom valance. check out my friend leslie's handiwork - i plan to use this same idea in our office space the best part is that your hardware is so inexpensive!
http://faridonifam.blogspot.com/2009/03/ive-been-inspired.html
Post a Comment