Thursday, March 5, 2009

A girl after my own heart

I love candy. Always have. When we were in the Middle East one of the things we loved was the good chocolate. Even Snickers and Twix bars were covered in the smooth Dutch stuff. When we came back to the States, we lost our delicious Dutch stuff, but gained a whole new generation of classic knock-offs. The strawberry milkshake Whoppers? Oh, yah. I'll take one. I remember as a kid having to hide my candy stash from my brothers and sisters. My favorite hiding place was what I had felt at the time, was completely ingenious. I would tie a string to a box of whoppers or other sweet goodness and lower the box behind my bed. I would craftily pull the string to get to my candy when no one was watching. My hiding spots are less ingenious these days, but just as effective.

I was enjoying comparing some photos of Hope and I at about the same age. We had the same inclination to stick our tongues out at cameras.

And eating is one of our favorite pastimes. My mom always said people would comment on my blue eyes when I was small, and Hope's eyes are definitely stunners. And she really likes candy, too.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

You still have beautiful eyes! I always ate my candy too fast, never enough to hide. My sister did hide hers though, never crafty enough to outsmart me:-)

Chieko said...

What a cute post! You make me smile.