Two years ago today we held and kissed our little Henry for the last time while on this mortal earth. We miss this little boy more than words can say. I just wanted to share an essay Cailin recently wrote in school about her little brother.The Best Day of My Life
Have you ever dreamt of the best thing you want? For instance, a trip to Hawaii, or even going to Disneyland. Well, not me. My image for the best day of my life is when I'm with my family members. Even the ones who have passed away. Like my Great Grandma, and my sweet little brother, Henry. The best day of my life, is when I go back in time, to see them again. To experience what my grandma's warm hugs feel like. And to experience what it felt like when I came home from school, and Henry came running to the door, and saying: "Sissy home, sissy home!" The best day of my life is when I'll get to experience all that again. That's my idea of a perfect day.
Me too, babe. Me too.


8 comments:
That made me cry... again... we love that little guy. Thanks for sharing--Cailin's a good writer. You guys are awesome.
That is so cute.
that was so powerful. thanks for sharing.
I had to read this to N. I couldn't even get through it. Such sweet sentiments. We never got to meet Henry. Some day if you feel like it I would love to know more about Henry. Thanks for sharing. I love your beautiful family.
In tears.
oh so sweet! That brought tears to my eyes. Your kids are fabulous!
We're thinking of you. Thank you for sharing that amazing piece!
Thank you for posting this. My throat is sore from the tears coming. I still think of you often. You are an AMAZING example for me, and I know I will draw from your strength one day.
Post a Comment