This being our first Thanksgiving back in the U.S, we have much to be grateful for. I'm grateful I was able to buy a delicious turkey for $7. I'm grateful we were able to eat our Thanksgiving dinner with my grandma's goblets gracing her well-used table. I'm grateful my brother and sister-in-law were able to drive a couple hours and spend the day with us. I'm grateful my gravy wasn't lumpy...
after I pureed it in the blender because it
was sooo lumpy. But the blender fixed it. And it was good. I am grateful for The Pioneer Woman's
mashed potatoes and
pecan pie. Because they were dang good. I am grateful that I don't have to cook meals like that all the time.
Marti, my beautiful and blossoming (due any day with #1 son) sister-in-law shared a family tradition with us as we began our Thanksgiving meal. It was simple, and so fun. Everyone was poured a goblet full of sparkling cider or grape juice, then we went around and had each person say one thing he or she was thankful for. After each comment we toasted with a little clink of our cups and took a sip of sparkle. It made for a happy start to the meal.
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment