Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pass the Peas, Please


After five babies, you would think I'd be experienced with the whole baby food thing. Well, I am, if it comes in little glass jars and is available in every color and flavor of the edible rainbow. Here in Abu Dhabi I have only been able to find a handful of one-ingredient pureed foods - pears, peaches, carrots. And those come and go. You can never count on anything being on the shelves from one store trip to the next. Devoid of the temptation of convenient prepackaged goodness, I got to blendin' and made the most beautiful pea green puree I've ever seen. It is seriously a gorgeous color. I don't have any normal ice cube trays, so we made these cute heart and star-shaped pea portions. I love making my own purees - the frugality, the good ecology (no more wondering what to do with all those little glass jars), and the healthiness, too. Will I still blend my own when we are home, and those abundant cute little jars beckon me to buy in order to make things a little bit easier? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look how cute your family is!! I am so excited to have found your blog. I am glad you and your family are doing well.

Kristin said...

Hi Annalee! It's great to hear from you. I moseyed on over to your blog, too. It's great to see what you guys are up to. I think the last time I saw you guys, Draven was a baby!

Holly said...

That's the most beautiful baby food I've ever seen. Seriously.

Kristin said...

I made green beans yesterday. The color was not as pretty, but it is still very cute as hearts and stars!