Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentines

Our day has been filled with valentiney goodness, getting ready for school tomorrow. Emma is the only one still having class exchanges. I had seen a couple other people in the blogosphere make valentines like this - with a photo of their child holding a real lollipop, and just had to make our own. They are so fun! Emma can't wait to pass them out to her friends tomorrow. Easiest Valentine we have ever made.

Madelyn and Cailin wanted to make a treat for their close friends, so we made candy cane hearts by melting mini fruit flavor candy canes and pinching together while hot from the oven. They were more resistant to pinching than I had expected them to be. Not the easiest valentine we have ever made. But still cute.

We just stuck the candy canes into the frosting on these cupcakes, rather than melting and pinching into hearts. These are for Emma's party, too.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Where did you find candy canes this time of year??? Love Emma's valentine--super cute and super easy are a great combo!

Kristin said...

I bought some up after Christmas for a quarter, knowing I wanted to try making the hearts. :)

cate said...

LOVE Emma's Valentine. I'll have to do it next year.