We tried taking some family pictures yesterday at the photo studio on campus. This one of Hope continues to crack me up. We were using a self-timer, so I couldn't believe Jon got her to cheese it up like this without someone standing behind the camera.
Hope wouldn't take a nap after church today, even though she really needed one. All she wants to do these days is watch Dora on the Ipod and eat waffles. It makes her world right. I don't know what to do with her hair. It is wild.
Hope wearing Cailin's glasses. Cailin made a nice card for her teacher today, and found a couple good jokes to write in it. My favorite one is this:Who invented fractions?
Henry the 1/8th!
Amelia used the exersaucer for the first time yesterday. She loved it. She is still so tiny, I am in denial that she is getting bigger until I see her doing something like this.
We made banana cookies today. They are so good when they're fresh and warm. The next day they are a little bleh - but totally worth it for the first day! EDIT: I warmed up a cookie this morning for 6 seconds in the microwave, and it melted in my mouth. SO good. The next day blehs is no longer an issue.Banana Cookies
½ cup butter, softened
¼ cup solid Crisco shortening
¾ cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
1 heaping tablespoon sour cream (I used yogurt)
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
Cream together butter, shortening and sugar. Add egg, vanilla, bananas and sour cream; beat well. Add dry ingredients; mix well. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, until bottoms are just lightly browned. Cool and frost.
Caramel Frosting (I halved this recipe for one batch of cookies)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 cups sifted confectioners sugar (you may not use all of this)
Melt butter, add brown sugar and cook over low heat for about 3 minutes. Stirring constantly. Add milk. Stir until comes to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool slightly (2-3 minutes). Add confectioners sugar. Mix well. Frost cookies quickly before frosting hardens.


No comments:
Post a Comment