The stomach bug that knocked Hope and I out last week just had it's way with Emma. She was so disappointed to miss the 100th day of school. She has been anticipating the great event for weeks, and could hardly stand it that not only did she feel horrible, but was also missing all the fun and games at school. I tried to ease her pain a bit by throwing some 100-fun ideas her way. We started by grouping and counting dinosaur-shaped macaroni. She then counted and sorted Jon's change dish and found lots of groups of 100 cents.
She thought about what it would be like to age 100 years.
Then made a granny self-portrait.
She also made a little book of 100. Inside she wrote her thoughts on the following:100 dollars: I will go crazy if you give me 100 dollars! I will buy Kraft Mac and Cheese, candy, toys and clothes.
100 years: I'd be an old gramma! You should be married. And the world...oh my.
100 miles: if you walk 100 miles you'll break a leg and if you run 100 miles, both of them! Did it fall off yet!
100 pounds: Elephants are 100 pounds. Don't put elephants on the scale because it will explode. Yep!
Amelia has her own problems - she had a little green goop in her eyes, so we are giving her eye drops three times a day for the next week. She does not love them. But she continues to love us regardless.
We had a Kirby salesman come by today to shampoo our carpets and give us a sales pitch. That was a beautiful machine. I was tempted. Very tempted. See those nasty circles of filth on our table? Oh well. At least we have clean floors now, all ready for Amelia when she starts crawling.
One last thought - a sweet friend from our ward gave us a couple of these bibs made from hand towels when Amelia was born. I love them. Hope loves them. I want more! I'll have to ask how they were made. They are wonderfully soft and cover everything, which make Hope's frequent yogurt and applesauce snacks less traumatic. She does not like getting her favorite shirts dirty.


2 comments:
OK Kristin... First of all, I think that you and I must be soul sisters.... here's why:
1- I too was tempted by the Kirby salesman last week. That is a rockin' maching isn't it? Your "circles" looked just like mine when he was finished....
2- Emma is a girl after my own heart! Because I too would spend a good deal of my "fortune" on Mac & Cheese... as long as it's Kraft!
3- When I had Isabel, someone (I can't remember who after 9 years!) gave me those exact bibs!! And I Loved them!!! If you find out how to make them... let me know... I will be needing them.
4- Yogurt and Applesauce was (and quite frankly still is...) a major STAPLE in Isabel's diet. Great quick way to get good nutrition in her belly. (Which is why #3 was so great in our lives... nothing's worse than an applesauce stain right?)
Have a great night!
Shoot! The sickness stuff is not fun! Looks like You helped Emma make a better of it at home anyhow :o)
Post a Comment