Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Living Room Progress

I had Jon painting, putting together furniture and hanging frames like crazy last week, keeping him busy before his summer school classes started today. We ended up getting the same couches we had in Abu Dhabi - our tan Ektorps. We also got that cute little Jennylund chair and a couple ottomans. It is so amazing to sit all together as a family and have a seat for everyone. I really like our "conversational grouping". It makes it so fun to sit and be together. As you can see on the back wall, I hung almost 30 family photos. I was scared to death that it would be too busy/overpowering, but we love it. Jon did an amazing job with the calculations to get everything spaced evenly.

Here is another view of the room, with our red Poang chair in the reading/nursing corner. I was also nervous about getting the black shelves, but I like the depth it gives the room. I'm still waiting on my curtains for the window in the dining room.

Here is our before photo of our family room.

Don't you love the sunny difference?

11 comments:

mj said...

It looks great!

Kristie said...

love it! Can't wait to see it in person!

Jay said...

It looks fantastic. What fun. You are one busy gal.

Sharyn Delight said...

I love the yellow walls with the splashes of red. I am very jelious.

cate said...

It's gorgeous!

The Mink Family said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE !! (Sorry Tom wasn't around to help unload!!)

Debbie and Bobby said...

Love the spalshes of color!

Holly said...

Wow, it looks fantastic! Great job!

Kat said...

Hello Kristin,

I found your blog via the Nester... would you mind sharing the color yellow that you used in your dining room (the room with the chandelier that she linked to). I have been looking for the perfect yellow, and i really like the yellow in the picture (the dining room...not sure if it's the same color). Thank you!

I didn't see an email link on your blog, or i would have emailed you directly (hope it's okay to comment here)

Kristin said...

Hi Kat. I'm enjoying all my visitors from the Nester so much! I'm glad you stopped by. My yellows are just a little different in the two rooms. We used Benjamin Moore's Golden Honey in the dining room, and BM's Good Vibrations in the living room. It's on the same color strip , just a shade lighter. That room doesn't get quite as much as sun, so the lighter yellow just looked a bit nicer in there. We love both colors. Good luck with your painting!

Kat said...

Oh Kristen, THANK you so much!!! I have looked at both of those colors from BM, but this gives me a better direction now, and i will most likely use that now. I wanted something bright and fun (i have a lot of red in our house too), but I wasn't sure if it would be too bright. But now i think i will go with it...thank you so much Kristen, i really appreciate you responding :)

Blessings,
Kat