
Emma is celebrating her summer birthday at school today. She has been planning this event for days and days. You can imagine the planning that goes into the real thing. She originally wanted to make teapot cookies, because she is thinking of having a tea party in August. The most vital element of the cookies was that they were to have loads of candy on them. Skittles for eyes (these were to be LIVING teapots, and licorice for the pot handles.

I convinced her that we might be better off making butterfly cookies, so that they will be somewhat recognizable. She was only convinced that the integrity of the original vision would remain intact when she saw the bags of candy I brought home, along the butterfly cookie cutter. Then it was just a tortuous waiting game until the weekend was over and it was the big day to bring in the cookies. One little boy in her class is cutting back on sugar, so Emma requested we make a low-sugar treat for him. We came up with the graham cracker peanut butter robot. I'm thinking he's so cute, next time we should make a pan full just of him!
2 comments:
Emma looks so pretty in this picture. She is so very pretty that she out shines the butterfly cookies. Though the cookies look very sweet and colorful. good job.
What a cute little robot. Very Wubsy looking. I might have to come up with a variation that doesn't use PB. Sam hates PB. He gets to celebrate his summer birthday on Wed. But I took the easy route- ordered cupcakes. He wants chocolate cupcakes, white frosting with sprinkles (ordere at Ric's because they have the absolute best frosting and cake). But he wants strawberries on top! Hmm I will buy those separately but sounds good!
Post a Comment