Friday, May 15, 2009

Curtain Crisis


I was having a hard time loving the black and white toile curtains I bought for our dining room. They were just too stark of a contrast with the other things going on in there. I decided to take a drastic step and dye them tan.

BIG MISTAKE! They looked terrible. Dead against the yellow walls. And they shrank a couple inches, so didn't reach the floor anymore. I ran out to the store to get some RIT dye remover as soon as I realized the disaster I had created, but then started thinking maybe I was on the wrong track with black and white in the first place. Luckily the curtains were cheapies from Overstock.com - and I figured I could use them for another project in the future. Maybe to line the back of some bookshelves?

I went to a couple different places, I even bought some aqua/gray curtains from JCPenney. Hated them once I put them up on the wall. Returned them. Then remembered seeing some pretty aqua toile fabric at JoAnn's. I zipped on over and bought 90 inches with a 40% off coupon. Hung it up and fell in love.


I bought a second panel to dress one window, and have to order more for the other window. They are so light and breezy. I smile every time I walk past them. Perfection. I think my subconscious wanted to ruin the first set so I could find my true love.

Thank you, subconscious. Sorry, pocketbook.

1 comment:

Chieko said...

That's so beautiful. It's so light and springy! I'm glad you finally found what you love. It is so hard sometimes. I LOVE toile (spell?) fabrics. I have red one in my kitchen and I enjoy it everyday even after a few years.