
Tonight was the Relief Society birthday celebration. Everyone was asked to come dressed in a costume, with crazy hair or outrageous clothes. The only costumes I have at home are a Mr. and Mrs. Claus, which I didn't feel would be appropriate for the night. Not to mention the fact the Santa suit is built for a skinny guy (odd, I know), and my post pregnancy tummy would not fit. I stopped by Carrefour on the way to church and found this beautiful outfit for 89 dirhams ($24 USD) and snatched it up. It was really fun to see what everyone was wearing, from hula skirts to pom pom wigs to traditional shayla and abaya. The sweet sister unaccustomed to being fully veiled accidentally tripped over a toddler and they both came tumbling down. Oops! I also got my yearly haircut and blow dry this morning. Not at the salon featured on the side of the car below (Happy Life Hair Fixing), but at another local place. They were speaking Arabic, French, and just enough English to understand I needed my bangs to stay long. Halleluiah! It is the Happy Life for me after all.


1 comment:
You look beautiful! I have a hard time even speaking the same language getting my hair cut right!
Post a Comment