

We've been curious about the camel races since we moved here, and finally made it to the track last week. It wasn't anything like the "My Fair Lady" horse race scenario that I had privately stashed away in my preconceptions. It was hot, it was dirty, and it was wild. We opted to ignore the grandstand, and watched the race from up close. Not the safest vantage point with a gaggle of kids (we were there with a bunch of other moms and kids) in tow, but fascinating to be sure.


3 comments:
We never made it to any races while we were there--I'm glad you got to see some!
Wow, now that would be interesting.
That's a funny comment about 'My Fair Lady'. My daugher Abigail has recently fallen in love with that movie. I love the line, "Get off yer bloomin' arse!". Hehe.
Abigail started a blog at the inspiration of your daughter. Here is the address:
http://abagailsblog.blogspot.com/
Congrats on Jonathan's job, the move, everything.
Post a Comment