

Having an abundance of little girls in our home, we've always had an abundance of dolls as well. These are special Barbies - the girls love the Indian dolls' sarees and long black hair. They are gifts from some great friends of ours that just moved to India and came to Abu Dhabi for a quick trip to do some shopping and to enjoy restaurants and things not available to them in India. We miss them so, and it was wonderful to have a visit.

The Jamila dolls have been in storage for awhile. I am waiting to give them to the girls when we go back to the States, as a special reminder of being in Arabia. I have 3 sets for the big girls - now I want to find a 4th set to put in Hope's things, so she'll have a reminder of the people in whose country she was born. Here is a link to a blogger who commented recently about abayas, that I found interesting.


No comments:
Post a Comment