Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Day

We woke up this morning with a few inches of snow on the ground and a full snow day ahead of us. Hope is very enthusiastic about the new white stuff. She and Madelyn sat on stools and discussed this exciting development as soon as we opened the curtains.

I got furniture rearranged and our tree put up yesterday after several snafoos. I wasn't liking where it was positioned and kept trying to move it, which broke the base and caused me to have to disassemble and reassemble a total of three times. The lights were another headache. We were happy to finally get it up, though, and the girls enjoyed putting on our ornaments. I was surprised to realize almost all our ornaments are ones we brought home from Abu Dhabi - lots of hand painted balls and stars and Santas riding elephants. I'll have to hit some after-Christmas sales and add some sparkle to our tree for next year.

Hope keeps taking down collections of ornaments from the tree. I stitched these little gingerbread people together when I was pregnant with Madelyn.

Hope really likes wearing the stars and pictures around her wrists. We got tired of reclaiming all our ornaments, so we now have a half-naked tree with everything up high out of her reach.

We made real gingerbread cookies today.

I particularly like Madelyn's camel decorated with cinnamon chips and cinnamon dots.

Kitchen update: The lower black cabinets are in! I love the silver hardware, and the paint job looks terrific. The creamy white upper cabinet doors should be going in by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

The black cabinets look good with your appliances.