Happy Icelandic New Year! We celebrated the incoming of a new year a few hours early - in the Iceland time zone (9 p.m. for us). The girls have been so excited to have a few friends over (16 kids and 8 adults, including our family), helping plan the menu and the decorations, and putting it all together.
We had to do a little research on Iceland, learning that fishing and volcanoes are a big deal over there. We were going to put plastic fish in our punch bowl and make a volcano on our ice cream cake, but that didn't quite work out. The flag made an appearance, however.We also had chili and baked potatoes, brown sugar 'n bacon wrapped lil' smokies, fritos, frosty blue punch, wassail, and other yummy things brought by our wonderful guests.
We decorated with snowflakes hanging from little suction cup thingies.
Pretty!
We had baskets filled with horns to blow at "midnight".
They were very exciting and very loud.
We had icicle lights and white balloons up.
We had crepe paper and paper snowflakes, too. The favorite game of the evening was "Bananagrams". It was a great night - I loved having it all a little early. It was a fun end to 2009, and we are looking forward to a fabulous 2010.


2 comments:
I LOVE THE CURTAINS IN YOUR LAST PICTURE THERE. THE CREATIVITY NEVER CEASES IN YOUR HOUSE DOES IT?!!
I LOVE your idea of celebrating New Years as the clock strikes midnight in Iceland. Then it's early enough to actually enjoy it! Also, I love your picture wall. Can you post a whole picture of it? I think I want to copy it. You're SO awesome!
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment