Friday, December 4, 2009

Hope's 2-year check up

Hope went to her 2-year check up today. She got a little finger prick to test for lead. At the lab, I kept her sitting in her stroller while I leaned over to help hold her arm while the doctor pricked and squeezed the finger. Hope was a little agitated, until I leaned far enough over for Amelia's head to be right next to Hope's (Amelia was in the Ergo, of course). As soon as Hope and Amelia were cheek to cheek, Hope was calm and sweet and let the squeezing continue until we had 2 vials filled. That baby sister love calmed her right down. We also learned that Hope is extraordinarily tall. The nurse measured her twice, because she couldn't believe Hope had grown as much as she did. She was way off the chart. The doctor said that at the height Hope is at now, she has the potential of being very tall - like over 6 feet! Hope refused to look at the doctor during the examination, and had a fit when she removed her diaper. The Dr, after spending a few minutes with Hope, suggested we read a book about strong-willed children by James Dobson. I suppose it couldn't hurt!

No comments: