A few days ago I got a bag of Macintosh apples for super cheap, not knowing if I really liked Macintoshes. We usually stick to our Fujis. I was not impressed with the tart, white flesh as an eating apple, so I decided to make apple crisp. My usual go-to recipe has been letting me down the last few times, so I tried something new, and found the most delicious recipe that my bag of Macintoshes have been scrumptious in. I've made this crisp twice this week, and is my new fave recipe.Apple Crisp
4 c macintosh apples
2/3 c brown sugar
1/2 c flour
1/2 c oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 c butter
Peel and slice apples. Spread in a greased 8x8" pan. Cut butter into remaining ingredients and sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375 for 30 - 35 minutes. Eat with vanilla ice cream.


3 comments:
Don't you just LOVE apples this time of year?! Have you tried Honey Crisp ones? They're worth their weight in gold!!!
We love the Honey Crisps. You are so right.
We have an 'apple guy' he supplies us with bushels and bushels of all types of apples! He even carries a perfect kid sized apple, no more half eaten ones laying around;-)
Post a Comment